Rules Of Videoetry

RULES OF VIDEOETRY

1. Use your own photos and/or video.

2. Use your own poetry or words to describe your

videoetry.

3. Use your own musical creation, or if you use

someone else's, do NOT exceed 30 seconds.


Who wants to make a cute videoetry of these items to post on my site? Hmmm? That would be fun!

Saturday, May 14, 2011

"Lonely Palm of Folly"

Hi All!

I love Charleston, SC and all the islands and communities around it.  While my family and I were waiting in a very long line of traffic to get to Folly Beach last Easter, I noticed a beautiful palm tree soaring above everything else in the marsh.  It occurred to me that the palm had probably survived things like Hugo and many a lightning strike.  I mostly wrote this poem as my family frolicked on the beach that very day. 

The poem has been published in The Lyricist, a poetry magazine released through Campbell University.  Hope you enjoy "Lonely Palm of Folly"!

Ciao for now!
Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment