Rules Of Videoetry

RULES OF VIDEOETRY

1. Use your own photos and/or video.

2. Use your own poetry or words to describe your

videoetry.

3. Use your own musical creation, or if you use

someone else's, do NOT exceed 30 seconds.


Who wants to make a cute videoetry of these items to post on my site? Hmmm? That would be fun!

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Death of Beloved Actor Robin Williams Prompts Music Video for "My Love Will Lift You Up"

Hi Everyone,

The shocking death this week of Robin Williams, one of the world's most beloved comedic actors, prompted me to create this music video.  I wrote the song for friends who got married in 2013, but had not made a video for it until now.

The song mirrors what all of us are charged to do for those in need. Lift them up. I hope that my song conveys to my husband, children, parents, family and friends that I am here for them always.  Be it depression or some other illness, all of us must support our loved ones and get them the help they need.

"My Love Will Lift You Up" by Melissa Hager, 2013

In the times when strength has left you
I will carry on the fight
Have the arms that will uphold you
All the days of my life

Refrain
Be the comforter you need
Get you through times of strife
I'll be there to lift you up.
My love will lift you up.

As the darkness overtakes you
I will be your guiding light
Have the eyes that will adore you
All the days of my life

Refrain

If the storm clouds gather 'round you

In the middle of the night
I will be there to protect you
All the days of my life

Refrain
Be the comforter you need
Get you through times of strife
I'll be there to lift you up.
My love will lift you up.

The song was recorded at Top Heavy Productions in August 2013.  Performed by The Hager Bunch: Barrett Hager, guitar; Allison Hager, background vocals; Melissa Hager, lead vocals. All photographs and video were taken by me (Melissa Hager) - the storm footage on Tuesday night, August 12, a day after Robin's death.  The storm clouds were amazing and I knew some of that footage had to represent the ones in the song.

If you or anyone you know is thinking of suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK  at the Suicide Prevention Lifeline.  This too shall pass and you don't want to miss the sunshine in tomorrow.



Peace and ciao for now!
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment