Rules Of Videoetry

RULES OF VIDEOETRY

1. Use your own photos and/or video.

2. Use your own poetry or words to describe your

videoetry.

3. Use your own musical creation, or if you use

someone else's, do NOT exceed 30 seconds.


Who wants to make a cute videoetry of these items to post on my site? Hmmm? That would be fun!

Saturday, February 5, 2011

A Little "Chat With Sam"

Happy Saturday!

Today's videoetry comes from some photos I took in Santa Fe, New Mexico in the same stunning garden from which "Circle of Peace" was created.   I absolutely loved the statue of Mark Twain and, in the complete photo, I'm sitting with him looking like we're in conversation.  Oh, if only I could pick his brain for a day!

He is without a doubt one of my idols.  I loved his humor and his storytelling.  In light of the recent debate over changing his words, this videoetry is maybe a bit of a metaphor - like a statue, we should keep the stories he told "ensconced" in the time frame in which they were created.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Videoetry#p/u/6/fVfzXaxsJDA 

Would love your opinion on it!  Have a great weekend!

Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment